News:

They're not Philips heads, they're JIS.

Main Menu

What Did You Do With Your Nighthawk Today?

Started by mollusc, Sep 02, 2022, 04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Fine

To me, that's the difference between bikers and motorcyclists.
'72 CL450
'73 CB750
'82 CB750SC

'96 CB750ST
'01 ST1100
'96 ST1100

Pete in PA

Yeah, when I was younger, I rode in some groups, not any more.  Alone is great. Start when I want, stop when I want, ride WAY more then in any group.

Just better.
92 Honda 750 Nighthawk
Previously: 250 Nighthawk, FJ-09, ST1300, FZ-07, CBR1100XX, V65 Sabre, 83 650 Nighthawk.  Two XR650L's, KLX650C.

Adventurer

Interesting experience, mollusc. I've been to a handful of Biker Blessings, but nothing controversial whatever about the ones I attended. Clean, well maintained bikes, no questionable stickers or patches, and great riding buy skilled riders. Guess it can really vary by region, lol.
Every day is a gift.

mollusc

I think the thing that surprised me most was the license plates.  Some had photographs over them.  Most just had blue masking tape.  The cops who were walking around noticed them, and I did overhear several of them talking to the bikes' owners, but none actually did anything about it.
The only reason I can think of for doing that is so that you can get away with something that you shouldn't be doing.  There are a lot of tolls roads and bridges around here, which are charged either by a tag or by plate.  I didn't see any EZ-Pass tags on any of the cruisers so I can only assume that the obscuring indicates intent to evade.  Which would seem to go along with the mentality of most of the crowd.
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

Adventurer

Those Biker Blessings are definitely a "Come As You Are" type event, open to all, so I guess a little bit of every style rider might come outta the woodwork, lol. Now if the actual organizers are "Ridin' Dirty," that's crazy, haha.

Not to go completely off topic, but...my young teenage son much prefers this version, that said;

Most interesting Biker Blessing experience I've had to date has got to be a guy rolling up with around the smallest, slowest moped I've seen in my life, sporting full leather Harley gear, with tassels flailing in the wind across the back of his coat, so genuinely excited to have recently gotten his motorcycle license, which was neat, but gosh was it painful when the group ride took off, tying to hang back long enough not to loose the lil'olé' frail fella, lol. He was grinning ear to ear the whole time though! Never seen a moped in a group ride anywhere before or since.

Every day is a gift.

mollusc

I was wondering how they would have reacted if my wife had rolled up on her "Portofino Green" Vespa.
That said, the thing will easily cruise at 90mph.

When we would go shopping together, it was always a toss-up whether the bystanders would comment on my Nighthawk or her ride.  Living in a heavily Italian area, the older folks would always want to reminisce about how they grew up riding a beater Vespa back in the old country.
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

Adventurer

Nice, I'm guessing this guys topped out around 25-35mph, lol. Mopeds can definitely be fun, but group had 1300cc bikes and whatnot, haha.
Every day is a gift.

Northern Rider

Yesterday (Saturday) I joined in a benefit ride for Military Veterans. Everyone was great, no hassles, no arguments just good times, good riding weather, and outstanding cause - Supporting a horse equine therapy for Veteran's working through PTSD. Proud to have been there.
2006 Harley-Davidson Deluxe
1996 Honda Nighthawk 750
2006 Harley Night Train (Sold)
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD
1973 Kawasaki Z1 900 (Sold)