News:

UPLOAD YOUR F*&%$G PICTURES TO A HOSTING SITE!!!!

Main Menu

Tyre pressure monitoring system

Started by ThePowster, Nov 01, 2023, 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePowster

Evening chaps.

I bought one of these TPMS systems from AliExpress.

I inflated my tyres first and saw I've lost approx 20psi in each tyre in last fortnight, so this tool is invaluable for me until I get some new rubber, even then it's still awesome addition to have.

It's rechargeable and wireless and comes on when you press the button. Can choose bar, psi etc and has an alarm if there is a leak.

I've got some handguards to go on too but that doesn't look straight forward so I'm going to have to research that one, but they have DRL lights on them which will match the LED headlight also with DRL around it.

Pics incoming as and when I do this stuff.

• 1984 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S •

Bob H

Quote from: ThePowster on Nov 01, 2023, 12:01 PMTPMS systems from AliExpress.

... I've lost approx 20psi in each tyre in last fortnight
Have you sprayed soapy water to see where the air is leaking?

I know lots of people are happy with those systems, especially the higher end ones like FOBO.
Personally I don't like the idea of something pushing the valve in (as though letting air out of tire) then rely on a seal at the "stem to TPMS" connection.

You have 10 times the normal amount of slow air leak through rubber tires over time, and it is odd that BOTH tires are experiencing the massive leak.

My money is on the Aliexpress product being the source of leak, and I hope you don't buy condoms there...

You also sent me to the dictionary:
A fortnight is a unit of time equal to 14 days (two weeks). The word derives from the Old English term fēowertīene niht, meaning "fourteen nights" (or "fourteen days", since the Anglo-Saxons counted by nights).
1993 Nighthawk 750

ThePowster

I think it's cool our literary differences across the pond. Tire... Or Tyre if you are want to spell it correctly  ;D

I haven't sprayed it with soapy water, you know what that hadn't crossed my mind. I just figured it's a slow leak through the old cracked tyres that have perished over time.

The tpms only went on today and I'd already lost 20psi before I installed them this evening.

Never used condom's, never had kids either, how lucky am I !

Bob H

Quote from: ThePowster on Nov 01, 2023, 01:42 PMNever used condom's...
Isn't that off "colour" (I mean color).
If you will excuse me, I have to go "wank" as my doctor gave me a prescription to be a "wanker" to help my aging prostate.
1993 Nighthawk 750

Larry Fine

Quote from: ThePowster on Nov 01, 2023, 01:42 PMI think it's cool our literary differences across the pond. Tire... Or Tyre if you are want to spell it correctly  ;D
Do you have tyle floors?   :D
'72 CL450
'73 CB750
'82 CB750SC

'96 CB750ST
'01 ST1100
'96 ST1100

Larry Fine

Quote from: Bob H on Nov 01, 2023, 02:11 PMIf you will excuse me, I have to go "wank" as my doctor gave me a prescription to be a "wanker" to help my aging prostate.

'72 CL450
'73 CB750
'82 CB750SC

'96 CB750ST
'01 ST1100
'96 ST1100

ThePowster

slodoug

inspect the tiny o-rings inside the snesors, i had one missing and had to do without it after re-inflating.

my new one seems to be ok so far.

1983 CB650SC