News:

That wasn't chicken.

Main Menu

This '85 is why I'm here

Started by Hogzilla, Sep 19, 2022, 12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogzilla

Been hmmming and hawwing for years and finally found a Nighthawk that made me leap.  A  local bike collector was thinning his herd and letting this gem go.  It has a few minor cosmetic issues to take care of, but fires right up with hardly any choke.  Rides great and classic enough to catch a few knowing eyes.  I just don't see any of these (unmolested) anymore.

Getting battery replaced so I took some pics before my first ride...

Pretty clean all around

Note the headers are painted--UGH!

84 Donor bike (1 of 3 I bought) will provide a stock transplant for the BBQ pipes.. Anyone need parts?

'85 Nighthawk 700s
'84 N..g...h.wk 700s
'85 Ni.ht.hawk 700s
'86 ..g..h.wk  .00s
{last three not really complete enough to be counted}

mollusc

Very nice example you have there.  I note that there are a couple of upgrades too -- stainless brake lines and new plug leads, for example, both of which are sensible and don't detract from the design of the bike.  Congrats!
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

Hogzilla

Thanks!  It's been a while since I've ridden so I'm taking it easy around town and enjoying the sun on short rides while I can.  Gotta get my 360 awareness, and cornering ability back!  I'm also building a small, side-yard garage to winter it in.
'85 Nighthawk 700s
'84 N..g...h.wk 700s
'85 Ni.ht.hawk 700s
'86 ..g..h.wk  .00s

draser

Stephan297

Very nice bike !
Just a small remark :
Your carburetors are not all the way in !

Hogzilla

Wow!  Good eyes, I hadn't noticed at all.  i went and took a closer look and it appears they can go a bit further before external obstructions

When I pull the headers I will work this as well.

thanks!
'85 Nighthawk 700s
'84 N..g...h.wk 700s
'85 Ni.ht.hawk 700s
'86 ..g..h.wk  .00s

sandebud

Very nice! I don't suppose you have a set of handlebars off one of the donor bikes you want to get rid of?
-------
'84 Nighthawk 700SC
'74 CB 350F

Hogzilla

As soon as I get to the required number of posts, I am almost certain I do :)
'85 Nighthawk 700s
'84 N..g...h.wk 700s
'85 Ni.ht.hawk 700s
'86 ..g..h.wk  .00s

ThePowster

So that's what a clean Nighthawk looks nice. Very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics.
• 1984 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S •

Northern Rider

Nice find there, it should give you many hours of fun in the sun riding.
2006 Harley-Davidson Deluxe
1996 Honda Nighthawk 750
2006 Harley Night Train (Sold)
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD
1973 Kawasaki Z1 900 (Sold)

Tombraider

Holy Crap, I never thought I'd see it again. I miss that one, it went to Yakima and a year or 2 was up for sale and was offered back but I passed.

It went with the original BLUE body. That Body was from a blue 84 that blew up in Vegas. I got the body works and had a guy in Spokane repaint in 85 Red. I sent replacement stickers.

It went with a pile of NOS parts, I gave that guy and sale for sure. He over filled it, fuel ran out and F'd up the tank. Did he fix ?  Any way Glad she's still going, this thread is a year old so maybe not.