News:

That wasn't chicken.

Main Menu

My Bikes

Started by draser, Sep 13, 2022, 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draser

Here are my bikes, same as before +1 this time, the +1 is a 84 Magna that I am finishing hopefully this year, have the tank and side covers yet to clear...

97 NH, totally stock

82 Magna, fully restored, stock, less the mufflers that are from an 85

84 Magna, fully restored less tank and covers

And the tank and covers for the 84 ready for clear

clearviewx

So, you're saying that the fairing/windshield is a Honda product as stock on the Nighthawk. ???
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
2002 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

Adventurer

Quote from: clearviewx on Sep 13, 2022, 07:40 PMSo, you're saying that the fairing/windshield is a Honda product as stock on the Nighthawk. ???

Trying to get'em on s technicality, eh? Lol.

I see it says Puig, but def. has stock vibes.
Every day is a gift.

clearviewx

Just answering from what was posted.
2014 Honda CB1100 Deluxe
2002 Honda CB750 Nighthawk

Bob H

I used to ride a Magna 45 back in the late 1980's. Love the V4, I also had a 1986 Interceptor V4.
Those engines have a unique character, that makes the inline 4 seem almost boring by comparison.

I have had a windshield on my '93 NH 750, street shield EX which is slightly bigger than yours. Makes long rides much more comfortable.
1993 Nighthawk 750

draser

Quote from: Bob H on Sep 14, 2022, 08:37 PMI used to ride a Magna 45 back in the late 1980's. Love the V4, I also had a 1986 Interceptor V4.
Those engines have a unique character, that makes the inline 4 seem almost boring by comparison.

It's amazing the torque curve on these V4s, it gets to 70-80 mph like nothing... gets up in speed a lot easier than the NH. NH feels smoother though.

Bob H

Quote from: draser on Sep 15, 2022, 05:31 PMIt's amazing the torque curve on these V4s, it gets to 70-80 mph like nothing... gets up in speed a lot easier than the NH. NH feels smoother though.
Yep. My NH has a lot of life left, but still I always am looking on the horizon for something I can afford if I had to replace it - and recently rented a MT-07 for a week.
For a 700 cc bike, the Yamaha MT-07 has a TON more torque, acceleration, top speed, etc. than my NH and kind of reminds me of the V4 although there is one quality that is different.
The V4 was always like heroin for me, not content for just a little bit - it wanted more. I was always speeding when I shouldn't, and that is why I regrettably sold my interceptor.
The Magna was tuned more conservative and from what I understand had different cams, more content to maintain the pace you told it to do. It was a great street bike. The MT-07 is a good street bike, lot of fun.
1993 Nighthawk 750

mollusc

I think it was an MT-07 that one of the Nighthawk Forums group was riding in West Virginia last month.  It seemed competent enough, but boy was it small.
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

draser

Quote from: Bob H on Sep 15, 2022, 05:50 PM
Quote from: draser on Sep 15, 2022, 05:31 PMIt's amazing the torque curve on these V4s, it gets to 70-80 mph like nothing... gets up in speed a lot easier than the NH. NH feels smoother though.
Yep. My NH has a lot of life left, but still I always am looking on the horizon for something I can afford if I had to replace it - and recently rented a MT-07 for a week.
For a 700 cc bike, the Yamaha MT-07 has a TON more torque, acceleration, top speed, etc. than my NH and kind of reminds me of the V4 although there is one quality that is different.
The V4 was always like heroin for me, not content for just a little bit - it wanted more. I was always speeding when I shouldn't, and that is why I regrettably sold my interceptor.
The Magna was tuned more conservative and from what I understand had different cams, more content to maintain the pace you told it to do. It was a great street bike. The MT-07 is a good street bike, lot of fun.

You've read my mind, I was actually looking at the MT-09 (however) just to have a newer bike. Nice performance if I can decide to spend the money on a used one. Garage space is also a factor, will definitely have to sell one of the bikes and "hide away" the parts bike.

Bob H

Quote from: draser on Sep 16, 2022, 12:29 PMYou've read my mind, I was actually looking at the MT-09 (however) just to have a newer bike. Nice performance if I can decide to spend the money on a used one.
In California there are an abundance of "Riders Share" rentals. Last year I rented an MT-09, and an XSR-900. These modern emission controlled Yamaha's have severe engine braking when you close the throttle, like in switchback canyon roads. I would have to flash the ECU to eliminate the "herky-jerky" on-off throttle control.

I am 66 years old and a more conservative rider than when I was a kid riding a Kawi 900. I found the MT-09 to be a lot of fun, but I would look down and see I was going 85 in a 65 zone, constantly. If you need to pass someone you are flying well over 100 right away. At this point in my life, unless it was more of a sport touring (Tracer) I wouldn't need that much engine. A friend of mine sold his Tracer 900 because he also found he was always speeding, and got the MT-07 which he loved.
Quote from: mollusc on Sep 15, 2022, 06:16 PMI think it was an MT-07 that one of the Nighthawk Forums group was riding in West Virginia last month.  It seemed competent enough, but boy was it small.
I am only 5' 8" and 150 lbs so that bike actually fits me well. And it has more punch than it look like it should. The seat on those bikes is terrible. I did a 7 hour round trip and my "sit bones" hurt after the first hour. Lot of people put Corbin's on them.
1993 Nighthawk 750