News:

Side effects may include constipation, skin rash or dermatitis, dizziness, or drowsiness.

Main Menu

A thought ...

Started by Gene, Feb 09, 2024, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene

'85 650sc Nighthawk

I haven't had a fuse blow, but odds are it will happen someday. Anyone seen where the fusebox is? Behind the headlight! great, huh? so on the road if an important fuse blows, well, you get the idea.

Why not remote the fuses into the headlight shell?

My idea is to use male spade lugs crimped to a fuse holder on the other side.
Here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/ZOOKOTO-Specialized-Connector-Standard-Fusebox/dp/B0CKYTQSZT/ref=sr_1_49?keywords=automotive%2BFuse%2BHolders&qid=1707540231&s=lamps-light&sr=1-49&th=1

1985 Honda CB 650sc with 17, 500

Bob H

Quote from: Gene on Feb 09, 2024, 11:46 PMI haven't had a fuse blow, but odds are it will happen someday.
Every time I have had a fuse blow on any vehicle, it was because I was messing with / installing something.
Although it is very unlikely to be just driving down the road and have a fuse blow, it is a GREAT idea to be familiar with where they are, and make improvements.

I must admit, every time I honk my super loud horn which is on a relay and separately fused, I have this secret fear that my bike will stop dead because of a blown fuse. But it never happens.

I do keep spare fuses, a length of spare wire, some "posi-taps", a partial roll of black electricians tape, zip ties, etc. on my bike at all times. The main thing is just familiarity with the machine so you aren't like the lady calling a tow truck.
1993 Nighthawk 750