News:

UPLOAD YOUR F*&%$G PICTURES TO A HOSTING SITE!!!!

Main Menu

Brembo RCS19 Corsa Corta - Fiitted!

Started by ThePowster, May 15, 2023, 01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePowster

So... this Nighthawk of mine, still getting round to fixing things so I can go take her for an MOT and see if she is gonna be road legal.

One of the issues I faced was a dragging clutch. The previous owner had some how covered the sight glasses in what looks like a metal putty. I guess they was leaking but rather than replace they decided to bodge.

So I looked around and I bought these Brembo RCS19 Corsa Corta replica pair. In black and red, of course  ;)

Anyway I fired the clutch master on and lever today and.... Well, all seems good to be fair.

The biting point is right out there and I don't remember it being like that, but it works.

Now I know you're not supposed to install masters with a bigger cylinder, I think the Nighthawk has a 14mm piston in the clutch master cylinder and this one is like 22mm  :o so some peeps have compatibility issues, but for me I thought I'll never know for sure unless I give it a go. So I did. And it works. So that's ok then  ;D

Maybe this is the first ever Nighthawk with the latest tech fitted to it? 

It has adjustable span and some other things to twist on it, and it doesn't leak and hopefully won't need bleeding every week.

Hoorah!

Next step sort out the indicators, some wiring and soldering. I'll need some help and advice with the wiring when the time comes because it's a spaghetti junction behind the headlight. Then... Then, she might just be road legal.

When she is I'll have some interesting things to show, firstly I have a youtube channel so I'll give a shout out to the forum. Then I will max out the Nighthawk in each and every gear to the limiter.

I already have a K&N to go on there and this summer I intend to play with many needle jets and main jets and have her running right. And fast.

One step at a time though, and I just wanted to show y'all that this can be done, it's better than the original and probably cheaper to buy these than a seal rebuild kit for the original.

• 1984 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S •

mollusc

Looks like you spilled some brake fluid on your control pod -- need to clean that up right away!

I've never been a fan of those tube type reservoirs, but if it works for you, have at it!

The plastic windows are a known issue.  First they cloud over, and then they start to break down.  I replaced mine with watch crystals held in with JB Weld.
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

ThePowster

Yep I got some on, and after I wiped more all over and dried off, looks new again, for now anyway.

I love that style of res, especially the Honda HRC rear brake pipe, just so much cleaner and simpler. Until you wanna bleed anyway lol.

where to get HRC rear reservoir?? | Honda CBR 1000RR Forums

Mine came completely clouded so I took the plastic out of my other set, then the clouded one I bought clear perspex circles, 50mm and 85mm I think, I intend to do the same as you said and bond them in there but I need to get accurate with the dremel first.

draser

Nice work, care to share your source for those masters? Also for the grips...

ThePowster

Sure thing. The masters are from Aliexpress. I can't post my link as the seller has stopped selling them and the link points to a blank page, but there are plenty of sellers on there. 

Grips were from evilbay.