Installing a Cardo pack onto Helmet

Started by draser, Oct 04, 2022, 05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

draser

So I tried installing a Cardo system to my first helmet, which had no comms obviously. Fiddled with the speaker location for about an hour, unsuccessfully however, as the speakers seem to be too thick and the helmet feels tight (with the speakers installed) regardless where I locate them. I had to return it...

ExTex

Speakers are usually a problem, for one reason or another.
I have Cardo system in my HJC RPHA 11 Pro. ANd have installed them in other helmets.

1St. the helmet must have speaker pockets.  Most helmets do now, but some models do it better than others.

2nd.  Speakers usually need to go towards the front of the pockets for good volume.

Better luck with next helmet.

mollusc

What type of helmet?  I added a Cardo to my Shoei.
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

draser

Oh, it's a cheap Nikko helmet, that does have speaker pockets; however, it's a tight fit to begin with. The other helmet, fits a little looser - for same size - and speakers (that came with helmet - fit fine.

Adventurer

Anyone install a Sena or Paktalk, etc. into an HJC CL-17 full face helmet? Been hoping to someday myself, if poss.
Every day is a gift.

DesignFlaw06

My Shoei is the first helmet I've owned that I didn't have to carve out speaker pockets.  All of my HJCs required careful carving to get the speakers in right, even though they had "pockets".  I had one shop install mine for me and they essentially had the right size hole saw to cut into the styrofoam.  It was definitely a cleaner install than any of my attempts so you could stop in a local dealer to see if they will install it.