Nighthawk Hardcases: Installing Givi’s N140 Wingrack II via Universal Givi Y127.

Started by Adventurer, Sep 02, 2022, 12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adventurer

« [NHF] Post April 30, 2018, 09:09:44 PM »

From time to time I'll receive questions as to how my Givi N140 Wingrack II is attached to my 1992 Honda Nighthawk CB750 Four, so I figured I'd throw this quick thread together. Hope this helps.

It is important to note that the Givi N140 Wingrack II has many applications, one of which is the Nighthawk (NH).

Fortunately, Wingracks are fairly easy to come by.

That said, while the NH was still in production, Givi offered the (now "unobtainium") NH specific fit kit, referred to as the Givi "Y146" fit kit.

If you search high and low, with patience, you can locate a used Y146, from time to time.

However, the next best thing is Givi's "Y127" Universal fit kit, which is what I eventually scored, locally, packaged with a couple of sweet Givi E-21 side cases.

The best part is, the previous owner helped me tackle the install, then we road some twisties together, to ensure they held, before I made the hour trek back home, against the fall of night.

Here's some quick pics I snapped of the various mounting points we opted for on my Givi Y127 install (mimicking exactly what he'd done on his own, after he'd already gone through a bit of trial and error, prior). We didn't have NH specific instructions to follow, so I'm not suggesting these are perfect, but I've had no issues, to date.

Each side has three connecting points.

(1A) Bottom, left:

(2A) Midway, left; Remove seat, to access:

(3A) Rear, left:

(1B) Bottom, right:

(2B) Midway, right; Remove seat, to access...

Perspective shot 1:

Perspective shot 2:

(3B) Right, rear:

Again, hope this helps. Be safe out there. And yes, it's time to wash my bike again.

« [NHF] Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:37:24 PM »
Givi's installed (E460N top case and E21 side cases).

Every day is a gift.

Adventurer

« [NHF] Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 07:58:29 PM »
Once you install your Givi Wingrack II, and Givi 460N top case, you can quickly upgrade it with Givi's E79N Backrest, for maximum passenger comfort (especially if you've already opted for the Corbin Gunfighter and Lady seat upgrade).

Installing Givi E79 N Backrest for Givi E460 Top Case

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=14624&share_tid=4256&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnighthawk-forums%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Ftopic%3D4256&share_type=t
Every day is a gift.

Adventurer

« [NHF] Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 06:41:14 AM »
If anyone else has better details to help folks with this installation, please post them here (as this question still comes up semi-regularly and I refer folks here).

In the meantime, here's someone else's notes and experience, here:

https://www.nighthawk750.com/mods/givi.html

Hope this helps!
Every day is a gift.

Adventurer

« [NHF] Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 05:51:42 PM »

My son and I recently made a major improvement to Givi's Y127 Universal Mounting/Fit Kit, for the Givi Wingrack II, for 'late model' Nighthawks, like my '92.

Unfortunately, due to heavy weekly, (sometimes daily) use of my Givi E460 topcase, prior, by OEM rear fender had already become scuffed, by a recently developed sagging of my Wingrack II.

We made some measurements and fabricated some steal brackets which since remedied this 100%, forevermore, and just in time for my IBA SS1000, too!

[Sorry, photos deleted as new site wouldn't let me copy and paste'em over, for reasons unknown].
Every day is a gift.

Bob H

Quote from: Adventurer on Sep 02, 2022, 12:44 AM... Givi offered the (now "unobtainium") NH specific fit kit, referred to as the Givi "Y146" fit kit.

If you search high and low, with patience, you can locate a used Y146, from time to time.
Someone is listing the Y146 kit on Ebay right now

EDIT - I asked the seller why only one bracket is visible in the photos.
Turns out it is an incomplete kit, one of the Wingrack brackets is missing.
He is liquidating old stock and wasn't familiar with the item.

I asked him to make it obvious in the listing that one side is missing.
1993 Nighthawk 750