News:

Why are you looking up here??  The good stuff is all further down the page.

Main Menu

Started by timberwolfe, Aug 17, 2023, 06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberwolfe

A few years ago I had an '83 550SC, but I sold it. Then I had some new bikes, but they were uncomfortable. I wanted my Nighthawk back. Then I came across an '85 650SC, and I bought it. Now I'm happy again.

Willie told me about this forum. I used to be on another Nighthawk forum when I had my 550.

I still wish I had my 550 back.

Bob H

Welcome!
I wish I had some of my old bikes as well. "Love the one your with".
1993 Nighthawk 750

Gene

Timberwolfe;

I too have a 85 650. Great bike, the only major problem was I had to rebuild the carbs. I also changed the jetting, went to:

https://carbjetkits.com/

If you go this route, you will also need a rebuild kit for gaskets, etc.

does your antidive work?
1985 Honda CB 650sc with 14,000 miles

timberwolfe

I don't plan to make any modifications. I like the bike the way it is, as far as I know it's stock. Plus, I'm trying to keep the number of projects I'm working on to a manageable amount. I don't know anything about antidive. Is that a braking system? I'll have to learn about that.

Willie

Hey Joe! Glad you took my advice and joined the forum. Definitely looking forward to covering some miles with you in the months ahead.
It'd be great if we could get a few others in this area to join or maybe talk a few of the other members to venture down this way. Maybe looking at the routes described on TheSouthernDozen.com would help. :)

timberwolfe

Now I know what antidive is. I'll check and see if it is working.

Gene

Does your antidive work? Mine doesn't, but I have a rebuild kit.
1985 Honda CB 650sc with 14,000 miles

Pete in PA

92 Honda 750 Nighthawk
Previously: 250 Nighthawk, FJ-09, ST1300, FZ-07, CBR1100XX, V65 Sabre, 83 650 Nighthawk.  Two XR650L's, KLX650C.

timberwolfe

Gee, I almost wish you hadn't shown me that.

Bob H

That bike looks amazing. 16,500 miles and a lot of new parts, tires, fork seals... Go for it.
1993 Nighthawk 750

Pete in PA

Looks ready to roll...😁👍
92 Honda 750 Nighthawk
Previously: 250 Nighthawk, FJ-09, ST1300, FZ-07, CBR1100XX, V65 Sabre, 83 650 Nighthawk.  Two XR650L's, KLX650C.

timberwolfe

Well, I'm not going to get it because 1) I have financial stress until I get this condo rehabilitated, 2) It's too far away, and 3) I've got a really nice bike. But I like that 550 alot, it's a temptation.

Willie

Congratulations on reaching Adulthood! LOL

timberwolfe