News:

They're not Philips heads, they're JIS.

Main Menu

Nighthawk Forums is back, and so am I!

Started by aycaramba, Aug 12, 2023, 09:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aycaramba

It took me long enough to find the new NightHawkforum.com, but I'm glad to have done so.  It's great to see that there was enough interest to go through the work of re-building the Nighthawk community again.

Acycaramba here.  I was a member on the original forum, then on the post-crash re-build site.  And now here I am on the 3rd iteration.  To be honest, I had no idea that this forum was lurking out here.  Just happened to Google it for some reason and, well, here I am!

I was active starting back in 2014, back when my brother, Bajakirch (former moderator) got me into bikes.  He was running a Nighthawk 550, I believe (kind of a unicorn) and I decided to take the MSF course to see what it was all about.  After that weekend, I was hooked.  In IL (I was living in the NW Chicago suburbs then), coming out of MSF you had passed the driving test, so all I had to do was go down to the DMV to pick up my new license.  If I'd had to do much more, I'm not sure I would've gone through the bother of taking a separate driving test.  But I'm sure glad that I did!

Got my endorsement in 2014, picked up a 2003 Nighhawk 750 (in the fastest color, of course) and never looked back.  I've managed to put 17,000 miles on her over the years, now just rolled over 36,000 miles on the odometer in the last week.  Mostly lots of commuting, a few day trips here and there. 

Moved the family from IL to northeast WI during COVID to take a new job.  Didn't do a lot of riding over the last few years (other than commuting) but have started to explore a bit more as my kids are finishing up high school and I have fewer obligations with them.  Haven't been on a group ride in a long time, though I did set a few of those up for Chicago-area NH owners back in the day. Haven't seen any other NHs around here over the years until one showed up in the parking lot at work (1986 Nighthawk S in blue).  It was fun talking to the guy that had recently picked it up.  So maybe there's still some hope to find some others out in the wild.

Anyway, really happy to be back, and very appreciative to find the site again. I'll post a pic at some point when I can figure out how to do so on this site.
~~~~~~~~~~
2003 Nighthawk 750 in the fastest color

Bob H

Welcome back - I remember you!
Your bike has lot's of life left, and will make it beyond 100k
1993 Nighthawk 750

mollusc

Welcome back!  It's good to see some of the old names re-emerging.
Image posting is the same as the last forum -- host them externally.  https://nighthawkforums.com/index.php?topic=7.0
1984 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2012 Honda NC700X
2005 Vespa GT200
1982 Yamaha Maxim 550 (sold)
2006 BMW R850R (sold)
1981 Honda CX500B (sold)

aycaramba

Thank you for the warm welcome!  It's nice to be back with the tribe.  Looking forward to browsing around.
~~~~~~~~~~
2003 Nighthawk 750 in the fastest color

Larry Fine

'72 CL450
'73 CB750
'82 CB750SC

'96 CB750ST
'01 ST1100
'96 ST1100