News:

So you think you cleaned your carbs, huh?  Think again!!

Main Menu

Matt, Nottinghamshire UK

Started by ThePowster, Apr 02, 2023, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePowster

Hey guys.

Names Matt, I'm 46 and from Nottinghamshire, UK.

If you think about Robin Hood and Sheriff of Nottingham, I am in that area of the world.

So, I have a 2007 Kawasaki ZX-14 and it's fast as lightning. I have video of me on gopro going from 70mph to 140mph in less than 6 seconds while still in 3rd gear! But as they say you can have too much of a good thing.

I first saw the Nighthawk on Evilbay when looking for a cheap spare or repair bike, I knew nothing about them, I snapped it up, all it needed was a new cylinder head as a spark plug had snapped off in the head. Little did I know at the time these were an import and you couldn't get parts from them in the UK, or they are very rare when they do come up.

So I have been waiting a couple of years to get another head, recently I got one from the States shipped over, when I saw another nighthawk on Evilbay and I snapped that up too.

My goal is to get this one running now and enjoy it over summer while fully restoring my Nighthawk #1. I've sanded the frame, need to paint that, the engine and start the rebuild process.

Today I rode the Nighthawk illegally on the road lol for 2 years I have wondered what they are like and today I got a glimpse. I am motivated to get this one running and make a mint version with Nighthawk #1 that I bought that's totally broken down.

I was gutted to see the Nighthawk forum had vanished but last night searched again and found that it had risen like a phoenix from the ashes, perfect :)

I hope to document my journey covering every single aspect to both learn as I go and leave that information behind for everyone else needing to know in the future.

Thanks for having me here.

Matt.
• 1984 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S •

Northern Rider

Hey Powster, welcome to the Nighthawk ranks and your "new to you" bike. Good luck in your restoration journey. It would be great to see you restore in steps. Keep us posted and have fun!
2006 Harley-Davidson Deluxe
1996 Honda Nighthawk 750
2006 Harley Night Train (Sold)
1980 Kawasaki KZ1000 LTD
1973 Kawasaki Z1 900 (Sold)

ThePowster

Thanks Northern Rider. 

Sure thing, I'll update all my mods as I go, I have a groovy method of replacing the airbox with a K&N and using the rubbers as like velocity stacks, I'll explain soon. 

Cheers  ;D
• 1984 Honda CB700SC Nighthawk S •