News:

Are we having fun yet?

Main Menu

My Intro

Started by Gene, Jan 17, 2023, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene

Hi,
I'm from Southern California. We attract all the fruits and nuts. I started riding when I was 13, (in the late 60's.) My Dad knew some guys from work, one was a "retired" desert expert rider, he rode a Bultaco 250cc Pursang (Made in Spain) We learned the ropes from him and his son and daughter.

At that time I rode a Kawasaki 100cc Trailboss, (came with a lever to gear the top speed down to about 35)
My brother rode a Kawasaki 90cc, and my Dad rode a Suzuki 185. We modded all the bikes, including knobbys, to make them more suitable for the desert, including re-laceing the front wheels, going from 19" to 21", The Suzuki got the frame lowered 3" to get the centerline, (engine) lower to improve handling, (it did). As time went on I went into the Air Force, and while there bought a Bultaco 250cc Pursang and my first street bike, a Suzuki 500 Titan. As time went on I left the Air force, moved back to So Cal and sold the Titan and Bultaco and acquired a Honda 550, which had problems that I didn't want to fix, so I sold it.

Well, I now have a 85 Honda 650cs Nighthawk, which I will be cleaning and rejetting the carbs soon.

Whew! Kudos if you managed to read all of this!

1985 Honda CB 650sc with 14,000 miles